OK. I was I a situation that I had about 200 rules that must be disabled. The only way to do this is:
1. By hand one by one with the administrator console
2. Do a non supported SQL update
3. Use the MOM SDK
Of course I did step 3. And the MassMomRuleEditor is born. I'm still working on it but the tool is getting some body. What the MassMomRuleEditor must do is:
1. View the MPs
2. Disable/enable MP rule group(s)
3. Disable/enable MP rule(s) . All or only the selected.
4. Display information on a rule or rule group
5. Edit the rule. Name , Knowledge , criteria etc.
6. Backup (export) a rule/ rule group.
7. some of version control using Microsoft visual source safe.
Steps % completed:
step 1 : 100%
step 2: 100%
step 3: 90%
step 4: 90%
step 5: 10%
step 6: 0%
step 7: 0%
To tease you I have posted a screen shot below. I will post the tool if I have a feeling it is stable.
Meanwhile you are free to give me some comments on wanted features.
SO KEEP LOOKING AT THIS BLOG SITE