I think most people will agree that the Microsoft Virtual Server Web console is not the easist tool to use. System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2007 promises to be a lot better, but a) it's still in beta and b) it requires an Active Directory.
But there is an alternative! Have a look at VMRCplus.
– Mind you that there is no support from Microsoft for this tool.
– It requires the .NET 2.0 framework.
What does VMRCplus offer?
- Direct control of local or remote instances of the Virtual Server service. IIS and IE browser are no longer required!
- Tabbed interface to quickly jump between Virtual Server hosts and guest VMRC sessions.
- Reusable saved states: this feature allows users to preserve a particular saved state and return to that state at any time.
- Multiple guest selection supported for startup/shutdown/save/display.
- Browse button navigation for media, hard disk images, ISO images, .VMC files, etc.
- Drag and Drop support for .VMC files, ISO's images, VHD and VFD files.
- Resizable desktop support for guests running Virtual Machine Additions (maximize VMRC window supported).
- Limited cut and paste of text from host to guest (only).
- A built-in utility to take JPG screenshots of running guests. Useful when filing bugs.
- Built-in error notification with Virtual Server event log viewer.
- A Virtual Networks Manager and Virtual Disks Manager that cover all features.
- Keyboard shortcuts (e.g. Ctrl-S to save state a guest).
- Create multiple guests at once.
- Create guest from parent (or multiple guests)!
- Automatic reconnect to a designated Virtual Server host.
- Toolbars in both Guest and Console Manager for quick access.
- Unlimited number of guests.
- Maximum of 32 Virtual Server hosts.
- Sorting on columns of guests so you can sort based on status and multi-select.
- Automatic detection of Virtual Machine Additions and notification.
- Detection of Virtual Server 2005 R2 SP1.
Updated: Inmiddels is er een officiele download pagina : http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=80adc08c-bfc6-4c3a-b4f1-772f550ae791&DisplayLang=en