- -The substitutiongroup attribute now may contain a list of values, meaning that I can create an element which can replace multiple other global elements. Providing that element is a valid subtype or the same type as those other elements.
- -An explicitTimezone facet has been added for use with the datatypes that support time zones. The values of this facet may be required, prohibited or optional. Before this facet in xsd 1.0 we could require a timezone only by adding a timezone to the value of the min or max facets.
- -A dateTimeStamp has been added/ Just the same as dateTime but a timezone is required.
- -AnyAtomicType has been added as a datatype. It’s valuespace is the union of all the valuespaces of all simple types. Every simple type now inherits from anyAtomic type. The difference with anySimpleType is that the latter can also be a list type, you can not use a list type were anyAtomic is expected.
- -YearMonthDuration and DayTimeDuration have been added. Just as in Xpath 2.0. Done to make durations more comparable.
- -Xsd 1.1 also leaves room for vendors to define their own datatypes and facets. Saxon for example has the