A small update this time on the FlexListViewer-webpart.
Lee Cramman found out that it couldn’t display the tasklist that comes with a meeting workspace. This evening I checked it out and noticed that the webpart doesn’t handle optional fields so well (ahem :)). Anywayz, since these fields are optional, their value can be null which requires explicit checks in the code. I added those check, not only for the field that caused the problem, but also for all other fields that are supported by FlexListViewer.
The field that caused the problem was the “% Complete”-field. This field also had “Display as percentage” enabled. I realized that I never built in any support for that switch, so I added that as well, since a value like “25%” was currently displayed as “0.25” which makes no sense to most users.
Also check out these other articles about FlexListViewer:
- March 25th 2006: Custom formatting for SharePoint lists using FlexListViewer-webpart
- March 17th 2006: FlexListViewer-webpart update: support for LookUp-fields
- February 17th 2006: FlexListViewer-webpart: display lists of other sites without using FrontPage
Download FlexListViewer 1.6 >>here<<!
(Robert te Kaat)