Today My colleague Bart decided to Tag me. he knows I hate chainletters and things Like that. So Thanks for nothing Bart.
Well I would not want to break the chain on this one. So Let’s get it over with:
- I did do some programming back in the very old days: at the school I was going they bought some TRS 80 machines and in our spare time we could borrow them to get into “computers”. so good old basic was the first language I used. After that I did some Pascal programming. And that was it as far as programming goes.
- After this school I went to the TU delft where I had three wonderful years studying Maths and Physics to no avail. After this I went to Noordelijke hogeschool Leeuwarden to get my teachers degree in Maths and Physics.
- While studying for this (I had no more time left) I started working as a schoolteacher maths and physics, and I decided that I liked this very much. especially at this school. Here I did lots more than teaching Like several camps in and outside the Netherlands.
- In Delft I got introduced to playing Rugby at SRC Thor. I started as a lock forward. after Delft I played for GSRC. where I played both lock forward and Nr. 8. I have to say, this was in the days I was VERY fit. I once had to play three matches back to back. I did play well, but they literally had to carry me from the field. when ready studying, I went to play in the Hague with te Werve. and since 7 years I am playing with the PickWick Players in Deventer. Here I jugs play a little bit in the second team, (which is a rarity in itself in the Netherlands.) At this moment I am the OLD DUDE from the team… When Playing In Groningen< I sneaked in One international game against Scotland under 21. Not because being so good at the game, but because being at the right place at the right time. ( my captain in Groningen was playing for the national students team, and they needed a Nr 8 ( he became ill) and I had my gear with me…
- Finally (in my points, not in my life) I am married to Inger, my lovely wife, who lived right next door when I was in High school, but we needed Chernobyl to get to know each other. At the moment we have two lovely sons: Koen ( 3 years) and Jesse ( who got 1 last Saturday.)