Yesterday when I read Rory’s blog and Jason’s blog I wondered how long it would take me to get tagged. Tagging is chainmail pressure to reveal 5 private things in your blog that you shouldn’t talk about, nobody wants to know about and are just bandwidth eaters.
Today I found myself tagged by Eric, Wouter and Ramon. This could either mean that I am really popular or I am the last when choosing sides for basketball… Anyway here goes:
- Arts. I am a bass player. I used to play double bass but although these things are pretty cool to have in your living room, a good one costs a fortune, so now I am confined to playing my electric bassguitar.
I love playing jazz because on the bass, to me, it is the most exciting and challenging. I prefer to play the oldies but also love the funky basslines of the bassplayers that played with Miles Davis.
- More Arts. I like to draw. Just black/gray pencil stuff. No colors, I’ve never liked coloring (my) drawings since I was six years old. Sometimes I consider starting a weekly cartoon on this blog… who knows…
- Culture. My two favorite countries are England and Sweden. Sweden because physically I fit right in (tall, blond, blue eyed) and I love the landscape/space. England because I love the language, humor and country side. I guess one of my great, great, great ancestors was a Viking that conquered England and then decided to conquer a bit of The Netherlands as well…
- Language. Most people know that I read/write/speak English… <duh> But I also read Technical German! Way back when I was programming a Amstrad Schneider CPC 6128 the only magazines (there was no www back then) that were available were in German and although I flunked German (and French as well) badly in school (I still blame the teachers who I was terrified of) technical (computer related) German has but a few secrets for me. And last but not least I read (and speak a little bit) Hebrew (not the modern but the classical Hebrew). Not that I am fluent in it… I have the level of a 3 year old… but I enjoy it very much.
- Science. I like math. Especially fractal and chaos theory but most of all geometric construction. E.g.: Draw an angle of 72 degrees while only using a a straightedge and compass.
So… who to tag… I’ll take a little time to think of a few (most have been tagged anyway)
 Double bass
 Miles Davis – Kinda blue
 Amstrad Schneider CPC 6128
 Classical Hebrew
 Chaos Theory
 Geometric Construction