Today I converted some of the projects I am working on to the BETA 1 version of ORCAS. (Yes you need to convert the projects again, for some reason the file format is changed againL) After overcoming this first hurdle, I wanted to run my unit tests as I normally do on my project using the Test View. There I got a second warning that my test files where in an old format as well, so I needed to convert those as well. (I Sure do hope they will make this a run once clean sweep over all my projects, because I have lots of them) After this conversion, I started the unit test that tests for the Happy Flow and is the most simplistic once we have. But to my frustration I ran into a blocking problem, I received the error message: Unable to locate WebDev.WebServer.EXE. This is the build in Cassini server that should host my WCF services so I can run the tests against them.
It appears that there was a late minute change before the Beta went out that they moved the development webserver directory to the visual Studio folders : C:Program FilesMicrosoft Visual Studio 9.0Common7IDE. In the previous version of Visual Studio this was placed in the .Net framework folders. So by just copying the WebDev.WebServer.EXE file to the .NET framework directory 2.0 will fix the problem. Because this was a late change, it did not get picked up by the test tools for this Beta.
It appears that this is a documented feature. But because the team did a great job in providing us with a VPC image, I did not go through the long wait cycle while installing. This is where I normally kill time by reading the readme 🙂
Happy testing with the ORCAS bits 🙂
Follow my new blog on http://fluentbytes.com